A silver naval commemorative Plaque for the Destroyer 'Groziashchii'
marked P. Ovchinnikov with Imperial warrant, workmaster Erik Kollin, St. Petersburg, circa 1889
Rectangular, the front engraved with a profile of the ship with the Russian inscription '2nd armoured polubronenosnaia ship 'Groziashchii [Threatening]' launched on 20 May 1889 at St. Petersburg at the New Admiralty in the presence of Their Imperial Majesties the Emperor and Empress and His Imperial Highness Grand Duke General Admiral Aleksei Aleksandrovich', the reverse with other naval officers, marked on reverse, in original velvet and silk-lined leather case
4.7/8 x 3.3/8 in. (12.3 x 8.6 cm.)