A silver naval commemorative Plaque for the training Vessel 'Vernyi'
marked P. Ovchinnikov with Imperial warrant, workmaster Erik Kollin, St. Petersburg, circa 1895
Rectangular, the front engraved with the profile of the ship and the Russian inscription '4th armoured training vessel 'Vernyi [Reliable]' launched at St. Petersburg ... on 20 May 1895 in the presense of Their Imperial Majesties the Emperor and Empress Alexandra Feodorovna and His Imperial Highness Grand Duke General Admiral', the reverse with further naval officers, marked on reverse, in the original velvet and silk lined leather case
5 x 3.7/8 in. (12.8 x 9.8 cm.)