This centre table is conceived in the Gothick antiquarian manner of the 1840s, and relates to designs for similar trestle-supported tables by the celebrated Viennese cabinet-maker Josef Danhauser (1780-1829), whose Fabrik, executed furniture after his designs. A related table, of similar form, in Schloss Heiligenkreuz near Vienna, is illustrated in H. Kreisel/G. Himmelheber, Die Kunst des Deutschen Möbels, Munich, 1970, Vol. III, fig. 367. The intricate scrolling marquetry decoration seems to be inspired by earlier pieces at Schloss Niederstotzingen, which were probably inherited from the Counts of Stein, such as a Swiss centre table (Lot 314), with similarly inlaid borders.