See Hillier, p. 37 and 38, fig. 35. This example and the following lot are evidence which help confirm that both pottery and experimental porcelain were made at Shelton Hall later New Hall. Although Richard Champion had resigned his patent to Hollins, Warburton and Company of New Hall, he is thought to have remained at New Hall long enough to aid the Company in establishing their new undertaking. Apparently after a short period, the patent itself was abandoned in favor of a fine bone china. This New Hall manufactory ceased to exist after 1830.