In the earlier twentieth century this panel formed a dado to the right of a door from Khiva in the Paris house of Henri Rene d'Allemagne. To the left of the door was a slightly larger panel of tiles from the same group. These tiles were all originally made for the west iwan in the madrasa al-Ghiyyathiyya at Khargird, founded in 1444 (B. O'Kane: Timurid Architecture in Khurasan, Costa Mesa. Ca., 1987, fig.22.10). This building is better known for its cuerda seca tiles, examples of which appear on the market at regular intervals (see one sold in these Rooms from the Theodor Sehmer Collection, 27 April 2004, lot 204.