Longman & Broderip, one of the best known of the late 18th century London barrel organ builders where located at Haymarket address in addition to that in Cheapside from 1783 until 1798. Muzio Clementi then took over the firm, which later became Clementi and Collard, then Collard & Collard and, finally Chappells.
The three barrels present are numbered 1, 2 and 4; their tunes are listed inside the lid, and it appears that 1 and 2 were supplied originally and 3 and 4 slightly later. The list for No. 3 has long been removed, implying the loss of this barrel at a relatively early date (there is space only for two spares, in addition to the one in playing position, in the case). Nos. 1 and 4 have Longman & Broderip labels. A full overhaul will be needed on this instrument.