With Christopher Sheppard, from whom it was acquired July 1981.
Offered for sale by family of the late Traudi Plesch (1921-2013) lots (162-167)
Peter Plesch, from Berlin, and Traudi, from Vienna, both came to Britain as refugees from Nazi persecution in 1933 and 1938 respectively. Peter came from a family who collected art to which he introduced Traudi. Their first joint acquisition was their first piece of ancient glass which was bought on their honeymoon in Tel Aviv in 1963. Traudi spent much of her life raising money for various charities and was recognised twice by the Queen for her work, first in 1988 with an MBE followed by an OBE in 2000.