F. & C. Osler of Broad Street, Birmingham was founded by Thomas Osler in 1807 and eventually became one of the largest glass manufacturers in England. They had showrooms at 44 Oxford Street in London and exhibited at the Great Exhibition of 1851, whose centerpiece was a magnificent fountain (J. P. Smith, Osler's Crystal, London, 1991); they were also represented at the Paris Exhibition of 1862. In 1848, the Prince Consort acquired at pair of Osler chandeliers which remain in the Royal collection at Osborn House, Scotland. Significant commissions for large scale chandeliers include one for the Concert Rooms of St. George's Hall, Liverpool in 1856, and another for the Mansion House, the resident of the Lord Mayor of London, in 1875. The firm continued to operate until the 1970s.