A Victorian opal and diamond brooch pendant,
mounted in gold and silver, the single oval opal, crazed, gold claw set with old-brilliant-cut diamond twin row surround and diamond two stone loop to a platinum neckchain, with detachable brooch mount housed in the fitted case stamped Edward & Sons, Glasgow, the case lid with applied gold plaque engraved with twin crests and Souvenir of Launch H.M.S. Ariadne 22nd. April 1898.
See front cover illustration