The arms are those of Plunket.
This hall lantern comes from Frascati, Blackrock, co Dublin, bought by the owner together with the house in the 1920s from the Plunket family.
In the 18th Century Frascati was the seaside house of the Duke of Leinster who bought it in 1765 and initially used as a Rousseaunian school for his many children. It was much altered and enlarged in the 1770s to the design of Thomas Owen for Emily, Duchess of Leinster, one of the famous Lennox sisters, daughters of the 2nd Duke of Richmond. After the death of her first husband, Emily stunned society by marrying her children's tudor William Ogilvie and moved to France, leaving her sister Louisa Conolly in charge of the house. Frascati was later sold in the first quarter of 19th Century.