A wooden doll's house
with lock, of three bays and two storeys, painted to simulate brickwork with stone quoining and slate roof, the three-bay windows with remains of painted panes and carved blind canopies to the first floor, the central opening front door with porch, flanked by Serlian ground floor windows (painted fan light and railings,) the front removing to reveal four rooms with central hall, landing and staircase with skirting boards, chimney breasts, fireplaces and panelled mahogany doors; the kitchen with warming ovens, spit rack, shelf brackets and boiler; the dining room with dado rail furnishings including Evans & Cartwright washstands, fireplace, circular table on tripod base and rectangular table with shaped aprons, a Walterhausen cupboard with shelves above, an English mahogany drop-leaf dining table, chromolithographic on wood pieces, an embroidered fire stool, a Rowntree's chocolate tin in the the form of an upright piano and a kitchen dresser -- 48½in. (123cm.) high, 20in. (51cm.) deep, 51½in. (130cm.) wide, circa 1830, (the "stonework" sides overpainted at an early date, some paint flaking, woodwork rubbed and panes broken).
See colour plate 24 (a lot)