This necklace and the pearl ear-pendants of lot 413 were formerly the property of Princess Caetani. Born Cora degli Antinori circa 1894, she married a Roman prince, Michelangelo Caetani, in 1919. Throughout her lifetime, she was involved with the jewellery and fashion fields. She worked for Schiaparelli and later, after moving to Paris in the 1950s, she created the boutique of Jansen at the avenue Royale. After leaving Jansen, she began working for Chaumet. Throughout her life, both Dior and Givenchy gave her dresses as she was considered to be amongst high societies most beautiful women.