The Grecian cabinets, with their stepped plinth cornices, formed part of the furnishings ordered by Lord Morpeth, the First Commissioner of Works, for the Museum of Economic Botany in the Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew designed in 1848 by the architect Decimus Burton (d. 1881). They feature in the engraved frontispiece for Sir William Hooker's 1855 Guide to the Museum. (R. Desmond, Kew, London, 1995, pl. 22 and p. 194). They were probably executed by the firm of Holland and Son. They remained in situ at Kew until the early 1960s.