The Morant stencil was in use between 1841/2 and 1851.
Tew Park, Great Tew, Oxfordshire was purchased by Matthew Robinson Boulton (d. 1842) in 1815 and he immediately set about refurbishment and commissioned the cabinet-maker George Bullock (1778-1818) to completely refurnish the three principal rooms and bedrooms. After Bullock's death in 1818, his apprentice Richard Bridgens may have been responsible in part for some of the continued decoration. The second phase of decoration at Tew seems to have been carried out under the guidance of Matthew Piers Watt Boulton, M. R. Boulton's son. By 1841-42 the leading Bond Street upholder, George Morant, was supplying pieces designed to match Bullock's 1817 oak and holly furniture. In 1856 plans were drawn up to enlarge Tew by adding a vast Venetian Gothic extension, almost trebling it in size however, the plans were severely reduced, presumably on grounds of expense. By 1952 the house was in need of reviving and Major Eustace Robb (d. 1985), great-nephew of M. P. W. Boulton set about the preservation of the house, its contents and the estate. After his death, Christie's sale of the contents was held in May 1987.