Holland and Sons were among the most distinguished furniture producers of the Victorian period, starting as Taprell and Holland at the begininning of the 19th Century, and becoming Holland and Sons in 1843. They supplied the furniture for many of the London clubs including the Athenaeum, the Reform Club and the Oxford and Cambridge Club. They took over premises in Mount Street in 1851 and their archives dating to 1942, when the firm ceased trading, are now preserved by the Victoria and Albert Museum. Messrs. Cope and Collinson's patent castors feature on furniture of the 1860's.