Michael Mark, BRITISH CHESS SETS, 2nd Edition 1996, fig. 16 & 16a. Mark's research reveals that William Lund took over Thomas Lund's Cornhill premises towards the end of the 1840's. He was initially recorded at 24 Fleet Street from 1835, and described in the London Trade and Commercial Directories from 1845.
This design with the distinctive ribbed baluster body, the maltese cross surmounting the kings and the fleur-de-lis the queens, appeared from the late 1840's until the 1870's.