An Indian Colonial metalware inkstand,
of oblong form on four claw feet, the plain base mounted with two cast model elephant ink pots and with wire rest for two pens, the die-stamped back plate fitted with a keyless dress pocket watch, engraved with an inscription "From the Workshop Staff of Messrs Hamilton & Co. Ltd. Calcutta to William Smith Esq. on his retirement 31st. Octr. 1929 - A Token of Their Deep Respect" and with applied enamel monogram - 31cm long.