Cf: Elizabeth Aslin, Furniture and Interior Decoration, London, 1986, p. 37, pl. 3
See also: Susan W. Soros, The Secular Furniture of E.W. Godwin, Yale, 1999, pp. 80-81, pl. 100
Initially twenty-four chairs were made by Green and King for Northampton Town Hall. A second group was made in 1891-92 by Matthew Holding and A.W. Jeffry of Pratts of Bradford. The 1891-92 version differed from the first production in the length of the back support and in certain aspects of the seat construction.