This mirror is clearly influenced by mid-18th Century mirrors made by Francis and John Booker of Essex Bridge, Dublin. The mirrored border flanked by columns below a drapery-swagged frieze, are all elements that appear on mirrors attributed to the Bookers and proved popular in mirror design long after the Bookers ceased trading. A related mirror by the Booker firm at Glin Castle, Co. Limerick is illustrated in N. Roche, 'Irish Eighteenth-Century Looking Glasses', Regional Furniture, 1999, p. 90, fig. 9. It is possible that this mirror was made by the Dublin carver and gilder Richard Jackson (1786-1827), whose celebrated 'looking-glass warehouse' at 5 Essex Bridge had been established in George II's reign (The Knight of Glin, 'Dublin Directories and Trade Labels', Furniture History, 1985, p. 267, fig. 14).