Enrico Astorri (d.1919) was born at St. Lazzaro Alberoni in 1858 and studied in Piacenza, Parma and Genoa. He eventually opened a studio in Milan, where he exhibited in 1886. The following year he exhibited in Venice and in 1889 in Munich. At the 1900 Paris Exposition he was awarded the gold medal for La Fileuse Arabe. His works are preserved in the Museo de Piacenza and the Museo Civico Revoltella in Trieste.