This cupboard was until recently at the Church of All Saints, Saxstead, Suffolk. It appears to have been constructed at an early date (16th century) using fragments of the medieval rood screen, including a lower panel which now serves as the lid, with its tracery removed. The cupboard incorporates carved arched spandrels at the feet with the original painted and gilded decoration, the whole now washed over with a scumbled finish. Pristine paint surfaces survive inside and beneath the cupboard. It may be surmised that the cupboard was constructed from material taken from the rood screen following its destruction at the time of the Reformation in c.1539. Until recently, "part of the tracery of the rood screen (was) incorporated in the reredos, together with 17c work from the old pulpit and a 15c boss..."(H Munro Cautley, Suffolk Churches & Their Treasures, Ipswich 1954,p.310), but this now appears to have been removed.