The fort on the side of this box may possibly refer to one of the Dutch defenses, such as Fort Casimir or Fort Amsterdam, built during the period of Dutch rule.
In 1651, Peter Stuyvesant established Fort Casimir on the Delaware to safeguard Dutch interests against encroachment from the neighboring Swedish colony. The fort was captured by Sweden in 1654. The following year, Stuyvesant, with the aid of four large ships and several hundred men, recaptured Fort Casimir, and Sweden's Fort Christina, bringing to an end to Swedish rule on American soil.
Fort Amsterdam, built at the tip of Manhattan Island, was the primary defense for the colony of New Amsterdam. Despite this, in 1664 an English fleet under the command of Colonel Richard Nicolls forced the surrender of Peter Stuyvesant's New Amsterdam without firing a single shot. Fort Amsterdam was promptly renamed Fort James. (see Kenneth Jackson, The Encyclopedia of New York City, 1995, pp. 351-52; Henry and Barbara Van der Zee, A Sweet and Alien Land: The Story of Dutch New York, 1978, pp. 258-70.)