Edited by Svres in ten examples, in 1935-36. The original sculpture, in granite, was commissioned to decorate the interior of the town hall of Tananarive. It is now in the annex town hall of Tsimbazaza, a district of Madagascar's capital. A large plaster version is in the Muse des Arts d'Afrique et d'Ocanie in Paris.
Both drawings and sculptures inspired by the artist's stay of two and a half years in Madagascar were shown exhibited at the Galerie Charpentier in Paris in 1934. Some were shown in exhibitions at the museums of Guret (1977) and Brest (1980).