The ébauche of the present watch was made by Audemars Piguet and finished and encased by A. Eppner & Co.
A. Eppner & Co., a watch manufacture in Silberberg near Breslau, was founded by Eduard Eppner (1812-1887). After an apprenticeship with his brother Wilhelm, the owner of Eppner & Co., La Chaux-de-Fonds, Eduard opened his own workshop in Halle in 1835. Over the years, the company grew and flourished and after the move to Silberberg in 1869, Eppner also trained apprentices. He was specialized in the production of high quality pocketwatches, clocks and attendance recorders. After Eduard's death his brothers Albert and Emil continued the family business.
The Schaffgotsch are an ancient frankish noble family originating in Prussian Silesia which was reverted to Poland after World War II.
The present watch was offered by Friedrich Graf (Count) Schaffgotsch (1883-1947) probably to an employee "in recognition for faithfully rendered services".