Accompanied by the original letter of Audemars Piguet, dated 21 March 1991, signed by Mr. Georges-Henri Meylan, Managing Director, confirming the production of this watch. Furthermore delivered with colour copies of the original Audemars Piguet worksheets showing the production of the watch and its returning to the Audemars Piguet workshops in 1926 to receive the present white gold case.
The present watch is possibly one of the largest rectangular minute repeating wristwatches ever made until recent times. Also, for the epoch of its production, it is one of the most avantgarde designs, as the majority of minute repeating wristwatches at the time were finished in either tonneau or cushion-shaped cases.
It is quite certain that the present rectangular case in white gold was a special request in 1926 by one of E. Gübelin's most important and demanding clients. The archives of Audemars Piguet show that the work for the present case was charged at a substantial SFr. 500. It is interesting to know that that the movement of this watch was completed in 1924 and first finished in a platinum cushion-shaped case. Delivered to E. Gübelin in 1925, it probably remained unsold at their premises as it already returned one year later with the request for transformation into a rectangular case.