The Biokam was a combined cinematograph and snapshot camera, printer, projector, enlarger and reverser. It was demonstrated by T. C. Hepworth at the London Camera Club on 24 March 1899.
It was patented on 9 November 1898 (British patent number 23,591) and seems also have aspects of patent number 17,248 of 21 July 1897 incorporated within its design. Both patents were granted to Alfred Darling and Alfred Wrench. The Biokam was sold by Charles Urban's Warwick Trading Company. The Biokam did not appear for sale until June or July 1899 and this example is the basic model which was offered at £6 6s 0d.
The Biokam used 17½mm. centre-perforated film which could be sent away for processing and printing, alternatively processing apparatus was also available. The WTC offered films for sale for projection with the Biokam. The camera was made by Alfred Darling of Brighton.