Initially Kodak cameras were imported from Eastman Kodak Co.'s Rochester factory. Kodak Toronto-made cameras replaced their Rochester equivalents and it was the Toronto factory that provided expertise and materials in 1927 when camera production started in Britain at Kodak's Harrow factory. The Hawkeye box camera was the first to be assembled there. After the second world war the Six-20 Brownie camera became the first new camera off the production line and between 1946 and 1959 nine million were made. Plastic-moulded cameras were introduced from 1946. In 1947 a new factory was set up in Wembley which, in 1955, installed an injection moulding machine.
From 1955 to 1960 the entire Camera Division production was moved to Stevenage where Kodak cameras continued to produce cameras until the factory was closed in the 1980s.