The iron screw steamer Glenartney was built by the London & Glasgow Shipbuilding Co. on the Clyde for McGregor, Gow & Co.'s Glen Line in 1873. Registered at 2,143 tons gross (1,400 net), she measured 331 feet in length with a 34½ foot beam and sported a barquentine-rig. The fourth of six sisterships (also see Glenfinlas, lot 581) from the same yard, Glenartney was delivered in September 1873 and soon proved herself the fastest ship in the fleet. In 1874 she came home to London with a cargo of tea from Woosung in a record 44 days, establishing an even better record of 41 days two years later in 1876. Sold to Tweedy & Co. of London in 1889, she was renamed Chongar and was operated by London Steamers on charter until scrapped in 1893.