Inscribed on a label on the reverse, "H. Donfour: Doms Petrus de Cortona fecit et dono debit mihi Florentie in Julia 1647"
The composition of the present lot is a replica of a painting by Cortona formerly in the Rumjatzeff Museum, Moscow. According to Giuliano Briganti (Pietro da Cortona, 1962, p. 247, no. 113) a copy of this painting was in the collection of Abbe Tuclin, Paris, in 1927. From the information known, it is impossible to say if the present lot is synonymous with the Tuclin picture.