DEHARMÉ (fl.1763-66). Plan de la Ville et Fauxbourgs de Paris. Paris: Deharmé and Desnos, 1766.
4° (290 x 233mm). Engraved explanation of the tables mounted on first leaf, double-page engraved title, folding engraved general plan, 34 (of 35) double-page sheets, all on guards, 6 engraved allegorical plates and 14 double-page plates of tables. (Lacking sheet 5.) 18th-century calf-backed pastepaper boards, gilt spine (spine repaired). Provenance: Joseph Grote (bookplate).
A fine copy of this plan of Paris. The accompanying allegorical plates illustrate architectural monuments erected under Louis XV: the establishment of the École Militaire, laying the foundation stone of the new church of St. Geneviève in 1764, and an equestrian statue of the monarch. The Place de la Concorde, here called Place de Louis XV, and the Champs-Elysées, still largely a muddy marsh and labeled here "Projets des Champs-Élisées".