Accompanied by original Deutsche Uhren-Fabrikation Glashütte Certificate and original fitted burgundy leather presentation box containing two spare crystals and a spare mainspring.
Furthermore delivered with a later Uhrenmuseum Glashütte Certificate and copy from the registers confirming sale of the present watch on 24 March 1915 to Fa. Paul Judith, Berlin, for the amount of 1,400 Marks.
It is thought that Lange started the production of "Deutsche Uhrenfabrikation Glashütte" or "DUF" watches around 1879 in order to supply his clients during the recession years with less expensive watches. Dürrstein & Co., the founder of Uhrenfabrik Union, also distributed DUF watches.
Often referred to as the 'DUF' grade movement, these examples were made with the typical three quarter plate movement, adjusted to three positions and had pressed jewels and brass and nickel balances and were typically cased in 14K gold.