A study for the right side of Coriolanus and his mother in the Pinacoteca Nazionale in Bologna, P. Bagni, op. cit., no. 322. The picture was commissioned in 1784 along with The Continence of Scipio, also in the Pinacoteca Nazionale, by the Marchese Giacomo Marescotti Berselli for his palace in Bologna. The drawing for Scipio, which bears the same inscription on the verso as the present sheet, is in the Albertina, Vienna (P. Bagni, op. cit., nos. 325, 327). A modello for the former picture and two for the latter are extant, P. Bagni, op. cit., nos. 323, 326 and 328.