3 December 1996
Giorgio de Chirico (1888-1978)
Ettore e Andromaca
signed and numbered 'g. de Chirico 1/8' (on the top of the base) and stamped with the foundry mark 'FONDERIA D'ARTE TESCONI' (on the back of the base)
bronze with a dark brown patina
90½ x 46½ x 35¾in. (230 x 118 x 91cm.)
Conceived in 1940 (for casting details see note below).
Contact Client Service
New York +1 212 636 2000
London +44 (0)20 7839 9060
Asia +852 2760 1766
C. Bruni Sakraischik, Catalogo Generale de Giorgio de Chirico, vol. VIII, Opere dal 1931 al 1950, Milan, 1987, no. 719 (another cast illustrated).
The Catalogo Generale de Giorgio de Chirico states that the edition authorisation for this sculpture is for an edition of 8 plus 3 Artist's proofs. However, only 4 casts were made under the supervision of Isabella de Chirico in 1986 and numbered from 1/8 to 4/8.
PurseBop outlines the four stages that mark the evolution of an Hermès connoisseur, and the bags that accompany each
Why the French Impressionist’s paintings of the Saint-Lazare train station are among his greatest achievements