Thomas Gambier Parry (1816-1888) is best known for the collection of Italian trecento and quattrocento pictures, housed at Highnan Court, Gloucestershire. He began to collect pictures while at Cambridge in the 1830s, and by the 1850s his taste for Florentine picture is revealed by his purchases such as the Annunciation, then attributed to Filippo Lippi but now regarded as a masterpiece by Pesellino.
Gambier Parry continued to augment his collection buying the great Bernardo Doddi polyptych at the Davenport Bromley sale in 1863. The collection passed to his half-brother Ernest who died in 1936, leaving Highnan to his second son Mark Gambier Parry. The collection was given to the Galleries of the Courtauld Institute. A full account of the collection, which included sculpture, maiolica, ivories, metalwork and Limoges enamels is given in The Burlington Magazine, CIX, 1967, pp.111-77