Accompanied by a copy of the original design/description sheet numbered 56473 and dated 29 September 1928.
Léon Hatot was born in 1882 in Chatillon-sur-Seine, France. At the young age of 22 he was already running his own business, specializing in watch case engraving and rapidly established a workshop producing high quality watches and jewellery. In 1922, he founded a branch in Paris from where he could supply his products to the principal jewellers of the rue de la Paix, such as Boucheron, Lacloche, Mauboussin, Van Cleef & Arpels and others.
Léon Hatot died in 1953, leaving behind hundreds of original designs, bearing witness to the Maison Hatot's leading influence on the watch and jewellery styles of the 1920s and 1930s.
Since 1999, Maison Léon Hatot is part of the Swatch Group.