Lathe No. 837 was supplied in 1815 to Henry Perigal (son of Francis Perigal II, of the watchmaking family), who lived in Devon. Ownership probably passed to his son, Henry II (known as 'Cyclops', and a keen turner), and then to Nicholas Brady, his great-nephew, at whose house (Rainham Hall, Essex) he lived in his later years. After the death of Brady in 1911 and his widow in 1916, the lathe passed to his nephew, George Emery, who lived at Broxbourne, Hertfordshire and subsequently to his son John Emery (d.1982), latterly of Glenalmond, Perthshire. It is now being sold as part of his widow's estate, having remained within one family from new.