25 September 2002
JEAN BAPTISTE AUGUSTE ÉTIENNE CHARCOT (1867-1936) AND OTHERS
Deuxième Expédition Antarctique Française (1908-1910)... Sciences Physiques: Documents Scientifiques. Paris: Masson & Cie., 1911-1914. 7 volumes, 4° (280 x 228mm.). Plates and maps (some folding). Original wrappers (6 volumes) or cloth-backed boards (1 volume) (tears to backstrips).
A complete set of 'Sciences Physiques' reports from Charcot's expedition. His 'second expedition, like his first, yielded a large body of scientific data in the physical and biological sciences. Fifty-one reports in twenty-eight parts were prepared by expedition scientists and leading French scientific authorities' (Rosove). The present selection includes:
1. J. ROUCH. Observations Météorologiques, 1911. Rosove 66-22.A1
2. M. BONGRAIN, and others. Cartes, 1912. Rosove 66-23.A1
3. R.-E. GODFROY. Étude sur les Marées, 1912. Rosove 66-24.A1.
4. J. ROUCH. Océanographie Physique, 1913. Rosove 66-25.A1.
5. A. MUNTZ & E. LAINÉ. Eaux Météoriques, Sol et Atmosphère, 1913. Rosove 66-26.A1.
6. M. BONGRAIN. Description des Côtes et Banquises Instructions Nautiques, 1914. Rosove 66-27.A1.
7. J. ROUCH. Électricité Atmosphérique. 1913. Rosove 66-28.A1. (7)
Contact Client Service
New York +1 212 636 2000
London +44 (0)20 7839 9060
Asia +852 2760 1766
No VAT will be charged on the hammer price, but VAT at 17.5% will be added to the buyer's premium which is invoiced on a VAT inclusive basis
Specialist Joy McCall answers key questions for collectors of the glassmaker’s exquisite pieces. Illustrated with lots offered in the Lalique sale on 15 May
Offered in May, a 1916 canvas that was included in every major survey of Malevich’s Suprematist works during his lifetime, and which revolutionised modern art