29 June 2000
Joan Miró (1893-1983)
inscribed with the signature, numbered and with the foundry mark 'Miró 2/3' (on the side of the base)
bronze with yellow brown patina
15½ x 12½ x 57/8in. (39.5 x 31.8 x 15cm.) including base
Conceived in 1967, this work is number two in a numbered edition of three
Galerie Maeght, Paris.
Contact Client Service
New York +1 212 636 2000
London +44 (0)20 7839 9060
Asia +852 2760 1766
Exh. cat. Kunsthalle der Hypo-Kulturstiftung, Munich, Joan Miró Skulpturen, April-June 1990, no. 10 (another cast illustrated)
A. Jouffroy & J. Teixidor, Miró sculptures, Paris 1973, p. 55 (another cast illustrated pl. 71).
Sold with a photo-certificate from Daniel Lelong from Galerie Maeght dated Paris, le 10 Juin 1977.
From Connecticut to Kent in southeast England, homes with links to such classic works as Desire under the Elms, Lord of the Flies and The Deep Blue Sea
The Belgian collector, antiques dealer and designer outlines what the art and objects in his library mean to him