Torres-García began to create toys in 1917, observing his young children at play. He believed that children need to investigate and modify the toys they play with, thus stimulating knowledge and creativity. This village was created in Paris in 1928-29. It consists of 12 pieces and is sold in its original box accompanied by a certificate of authenticity from Sra. Manolita P. de Torres-García.