Built at Whitby in 1789, Anatolia was a snow of 175 tons which, judging by the fact that Lloyd's Registers note she had a new bottom and keel fitted in 1799, suggests either some serious rot or perhaps a damaging stranding. Owned by W. Marshall and sailing from London to Gibraltar in these early years, she was sheathed in 1800 and received further "thorough repairs" in 1801. By 1807 she had a new owner, Captain J. Pearson, who also took her to sea on the same Gibraltar run. By 1821, after more major repairs in 1817 and yet another new keel the following year, she had been re-rigged as a brig and was running between Shields and London. After several further changes of ownership, her snow rig had been restored by 1840 and she was still maintaining her regular Shields to London run although she disappears from record after 1843.