The following three watches were manufactured by L. Leroy & Cie.
The Leroy dynasty of famous watchmakers was founded in 1751 by Charles Leroy, watchmaker to the King, and renowned chronometer maker. After his dead in 1771, the company based at the prestigious Palais Royal in Paris continued commerce under different leadership.
Louis Leroy, Horloger de la Marine, started as a watchmaker for the company in 1879 and took over the business with Jules Desfontaines, changing the firm's name to L. Leroy et Cie. Louis' brother Léon Leroy who had joined in 1895 became partner in 1914.
Leroy watches participated in various exhibitions and were awarded numerous prices, especially at chronometer contests.