PHYSIOC, Lewis Wood (Columbia 1879-los Angeles 1872). Studied in NYC at the ASL, Chase School and the NAD under such masters as Bellows, Henri and DuMond. At the turn of the century he was a cameraman for Thomas Edison. After settling in Los Angeles in 1917, he headed the laboratory of Goldwyn Studios and later created the logo of the eagle for Republic Pictures and the mural at their entrance. While working for Universal Studios he was sent to Indonesia to work on the film "East of Borneo" during 1927-28. He left the film industry in 1933 following a strike and began teaching cinematography at USC in 1935. He continued painting in his leisure until shortly before his death in 1972.