Colonel William Kelly, commanding HM 24th Foot, arrived near the Gurkha's Fort at Harihapur on 27 February 1816. On the morning of 1 March a force under Lieutenant Colonel O'Halloran was sent forward to occupy a height in front of the Fort. The enemy defended their position but were repulsed with such effect that at 3 p.m. their fire was silenced. On the following day the Regiment marched into the Fort which had been abandoned at night.
Peace was finally concluded with the Rajah of Nepal on 6 March 1816
We are grateful to Dr. Maurice Shellim for his assistance in cataloguing this lot