This is a view of the east end of the then parish church of St. Peter's Bradford. The church was made a Cathedral in 1919. The tower to the left of the picture is that of the Town Hall, which was built in imitation of the Palazzo Vecchio, Florence. Much of the foreground of the picture was re-developed in the twentieth century.
We are grateful to Alex Robertson and Dr. Terry Friedman for their help in preparing this catalogue entry.