Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1942 and its subsequent sale on 4 August 1942. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first time that the watch is offered in public.
According to the Extract, the watch was originally made with black dial and raised gold Breguet numerals. This dial has been exchanged against the actual one as requested by the present owner during an overhaul in the workshops of Patek Philippe in the late 1990s.
Reference 570 was launched in 1938. With its large size and classical form it is very popular amongst collectors.