Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1944 and its subsequent sale on 20 March 1947.
Reference 1415 was introduced in 1939 and remained in production until 1954 approximately. Its movement was based on the established Patek Philippe in-house calibre 12'''-120.
Some 115 movements were then upgraded for this model with the ingenious, patented world time mechanism invented by Louis Cottier, the celebrated Geneva watchmaker. Reference 1415 HU (for Heure Universelle or World Time) was mostly cased in yellow gold. Less than a third of the production was finished in pink gold, and only one example in platinum is known to date.
Until 1948, reference 1415 HU was only available with the classic metal dial, either silvered or more exclusively rose, as fitted on the present watch. During the last years of production, this model was also finished, in very few pieces only, with a cloisonné enamel dial.
The hand-engraved bezel would show international cities around the world. Whereas earlier examples of reference 1415 HU would only list 28 cities, the latest generation would account for 42 international locations.
Examples of reference 1415 HU, both with metal and enamel dials, are illustrated in Patek Philippe Wristwatches by Martin Huber & Alan Banbery, second edition, pp. 243 - 247.