Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming manufacture of the present watch with silvered dial, diamond-set indexes, subsidiary seconds and outer beady minute divisions in 1947 and its subsequent sale on 15 May 1948.
Production of the famous Calatrava model with reference 96 was launched in 1932. In 1972 it was replaced by reference 3796.
Only few examples of a reference 96 in platinum with diamond-set dial were made. The rarity of the present watch is further enhanced by its excellent overall condition.