Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1905. It obtained a Geneva Observatory rating certificate on 20 November 1908 and was sold on 16 December 1910.
According to the registers of the Geneva Observatory, the present watch participated at the 1908 timing contest where it achieved the fourth prize with 221.2 points. It had been prepared and adjusted by the precision adjusters J. Golay-Audemars.
It is rare to find pocket watches by Patek Philippe with balance staff set with a diamond endstone instead of the more commonly used ruby endstone, a feature only found in movements of superior quality.
Theo Brinkmann, the youngest of 10 siblings, was originally from Westphalia, Germany and attended the Royal Academy in Glashütte, Sachsen, home of the most famous German watchmaking companies. He then worked as a watchmaker for Patek Philippe in Geneva before moving towards the end of the 19th century to Naples where he opened in 1900 his own workshop, repairing and selling watches.
His shop located in the Via Toledo had an immediate success and amongst his clients was Achille Lauro, mayor of Naples. Theo Brinkmann and his wife had two children, Giovanna Maria and Theo junior, both born in Naples. During World War II the Brinkmanns had to leave Italy and returned only in 1953 when they opened a new shop at Piazza Municipio, now not only retailing fine watches but also fine jewelery.
Today, Brinkmann is managed by three grandchildren of Theo Senior.