Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1893 and its subsequent sale on 15 February 1897. Furthermore delivered with the photocopy of a letter from Patek Philippe dated 8 March 1988 confirming that it was sold to Mr. Louis Schwartz. It is thought that it has never been offered in public before.
This watch can be considered a tribute to a style created in the early 19th century by Abraham-Louis Breguet. His watches were commonly fitted with silvered dials with engine-turned centre, reeded band and engine-turned case back.
Impressively, the Extract from the Archives for the present watch is explicitly mentioning the Breguet style case and black enamelled numerals.