Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1954 and its subsequent sale on 5 July 1956. It has never been offered in public before.
Production of reference 2442 was launched in 1948 and could be found in Patek Philippe sales catalogues until around 1960. It is one of the rarest and most exclusive rectangular models by Patek Philippe.
The model is illustrated in Patek Philippe Wristwatches by Martin Huber & Alan Banbery, second edition, p. 136, pl. 193.
Gay Frères, located in Geneva, specialized in manufacturing jewelry but were also renowned for supplying high quality accessories such as wristwatch bracelets and chains to Switzerland's most prestigious watch companies.